I’ve written previously about the benefits you can gain from using remote cameras with your birds. Most smart phones can also do time lapse photography.
While videos can capture useful information about your birds, sometimes you want to monitor behaviors that happen rarely or you want to see how often they happen over time.
Some examples of behaviors might be:
- How often and for how long are my birds eating?
- Are my birds eating specific foods I’m putting out for them?
- How active are my birds?
- What toys and perches are my birds favoring?
- Are my birds fighting?
- Are my birds engaging in mating behavior?
- What toys are my birds playing with?
Sure, a video would capture these, but this is a significant time commitment to review these videos.
Before I get started, I wanted to recommend a tripod I like. Since you could take a time lapse that could last hours, you want a way to hold your phone in position.…